ASPARAGUS WITH MUSHROOMS
- 3 ounces Green Giant™ Fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Green Giant™ Fresh Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Green Giant™ Fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 springs thyme
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Heat up to 3 cups water and 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Meanwhile, trim the ends of the asparagus about 1″ from the bottom.
- When the water comes to a boil, drop the asparagus and turn off the heat; let asparagus blanch for about 1 minute.
- Strain and cool asparagus under cold running water and place on paper towels to dry.
- Wash the peppers, core out the seeds and chop into fine cubes. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add mushrooms, black pepper and thyme. Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat and add salt to taste.
- Arrange asparagus as base, add mushrooms and top off with mixed peppers and chopped chives.